ONLINE WEBINAR - Impact of Covid-19 pandemic on training and practicing of veterinary medicine
Impact of Covid-19 pandemic on training and practicing of veterinary medicine hosted and moderated by the Department of Clinical Studies
PUBLICATIONS INVOLVING MEMBERS OF THE DEPARTMENT 2019-2021:
- Kipyego ES, Njoroge EN, Sang RK. Traumatic reticulo-peritonitis in an adult Friesian Holstein cow: A case report. International Journal of Veterinary Science (2021) 10 (2): 148-151.
- Ndeke AN, Mutembei HM, Kaingu CK, Muthee JK. Effect of acetaminophen on ovulation and implantation in female mice. International Journal of Veterinary Science (2021) 10 (2): 141-143.
- Njoroge EN, Mutembei HM, Kipyegon AN, Kimeli P, Olum MO. Prevalence of repeat breeding syndrome in dairy cattle in selected regions of Kenya. International Journal of Veterinary Science (2021) 10 (2): 114-118.
- Omondi HA, Gitau G, Gathura P, Mulinge E, Zeyhle E, Kimeli P, Bett B. Prevalence and genotyping of Echinococcus granulosus sensu lato from livestock in North-Eastern Kenya. Journal of Helminthology 94: e205, 1-6, 2020.
- Shepelo GP, Aboge GO, Kariuki HW, Kanduma EG, Gakuya DW, Maingi N, Mulei CM, Mainga AO. BMC Veterinary Research (2020) 16: 364
- Makanya A, Mills-Thompson AN, Nguhiu-Mwangi J et al. Morphometric and stereological methods for quantifying the coarse structural parameters of ruminal tissues in sheep. International Journal of Veterinary Science and Medicine (2020) 8 (1): 59-70.
- Kumunga EM, Ndiwa TC, Muthama NJ.Water resources governance dynamics: A case of Rwamuthambi Sub-Catchment, Kenya. The East African Journal of Science, Technology and Innovation Vol 2 (1) December 2020.
- Kumunga EM, Ndiwa TC, Muthama NJ. Towards framework for monitoring and communicating water resources sustainability. Journal of Sustainability, Environment and Peace. (20200 3(1): 21-33.
- Kumunga EM, Ndiwa TC, Muthama NJ. Wetland transformation through water resource users association; the case of Rwamuthambi Sub Catchment Area, Kenya. Journal of Wetland Research (2020) 22 (3): 200-216.
- Olum MO, Mungube EO, Nakami WN et al. A cross-sectional study on infertility and its causes in smallholder dairy cattle in Selected Counties of Kenya. International Journal of Veterinary Science (2020) 9(4): 534-539.
- Mutono N, Wright J, Mutembei H et al. The nexus between water sufficiency and water-borne diseases in cities in Africa: A scoping review protocol. AAS Open Research 2020, 3:12. First published May 2020, updated December 2020.
- Kathambi BE, Mutembei HM. Perceptions on accelerated transition to renewable energy in Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal of Social Sciences Vol 2 (1): 66-77, 2021
- Kimeli P, Vanleeuwen J, Gitau GK et al. Effect of housing improvement and other factors on the growth of heifer calves on Kenyan smallholder dairy farms. Tropical Animal Health and Production (2021) 53:120
- Ikiror D, Gitau GK, Agoi k, Njoroge G, King’ori W. Livestock disease surveillance through the use of smart phone application in Isiolo County Kenya. East African Journal of Science, Technology and Innovation Vol. 2 (1) December 2020.
- Situma SN, Gitau GK, Vanleeuwen J, Mulei CM, Kimeli P. Impact of calf feeding practices on calf growth and health in small dairy farms in Nyeri County, Kenya. East African Journal of Science, Technology and Innovation Vol. 1(3): 2020.
- Gakuya DW et al. Traditional Medicine in Kenya: Past and current status, Challenges and the way forward. Scientific African 8 (2020) e00360.
- Kimani WK, Mbugua SW. Surgical Management of bicornual uterine prolapse in a Siamese cat: a case report. International Journal of Veterinary Science 9 (2) 320-323. 2020
- Makau DN, Vanleeuwen J, Gitau GK et al. Effects of Calliandra and Sesbania on dairy milk production in dairy cows on smallholder commercial dairy farms in Kenya. Hindawi Veterinary Medicine International Vol 2020 article ID 3262370
- Serem EK, Mande JD. A retrospective study of the incidence, age, breed predisposition and types of fractures in household of dogs in Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Veterinary Science (2020) 9 (1): 111-115.
- Mwangi J, Klaassen RHG, Muchai M, Tieleman B I. Home-ranges of tropical Red-capped larks are influenced by breeding rather than vegetation, rainfall or invertebrate availability. International Journal of Avian Science (2020) 162:492-504.
- Mwangi WE. Epidural lidocaine and medetomedine-Ketamine anaesthesia in feline orthopaedic surgery. International Journal of Veterinary (2020) 9 (1): 164-167.
- Kimani D, Muchai M et al. Habitat structure determines the abundance of the endangered Sharpe’s long claw Macronyx sharpie (Ave: Passeriformes:Motacillidae) at Timau Montane grasslands in Central Kenya. Journal of Threatened Taxa (2020) 12 (5). Published 26 April 2020.
- Shepelo G Peter. Zoonotic Anaplasma and Ehrlichia infections and their potential reservoirs: A review. International Journal of Veterinary Science (2020) 9 (1): 1-9.
- Wamboi P, Nguhiu-Mwangi J et al. Haemato-biochemical changes and prevalence of parasitic infection of indigenous chicken sold in markets of Kiambu County, Kenya. International Journal of Veterinary Science and Medicine (2020) 8 (1): 18-25.
- Kimeli P, Vanleeuwen J, Gitau GK et al. Management of factors associated with time-to-onset and fecal egg/oocyst counts of gastrointestinal parasites in heifer calves on Kenyan smallholder farms. Veterinary Parasitology (2020) Vol 283 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vetpar.2020.109174
- Shepelo G P, Gakuya DW, Maingi N, Mulei CM. Prevalence and risk factors associated with Ehrlichia infections in dairy cattle in Nairobi City County Kenya. Veterinary World (2019) 21 (10): 1599-1607.
- Mbindyo Sharon N. Pet owners as a risk for Campylobacteriosis: A Review. Tanzanian Veterinary Journal. Vol 34 No 1, 2019
- Muasya D, Gitau GK, Thaiyah A, Gakuya DW, Vanleeuwen J, Mbatha P. A comparison between a indirect ELISA and tuberculin skin test in the diagnosis of bovine tuberculosis in Kenya. East African Journal of Science, Technology and Innovation Vol 1, 2019
- Mwaniki BW, Gakuya DW et al. A new frontier in collaborative approaches in sustainable open spaces delivery in Nairobi City. Africa Habitat Review Journal Vol 13 (1): December 2019.
- Kathambi EK, Vanleeuwen J, Gitau GK, Revie CW. Assessment of farmers’ compliance in implementing recommended cow comfort changes and their effects on lying time, stalls and cow cleanliness within smallholder dairy farms in Kenya. Preventive Veterinary Medicine Vol 172 November 2019.
- Kathambi EK, Gitau GK et al. Seroprevalence of bovine leukemia virus infection in contrasting farming systems in Kenya. Ethiopia Veterinary Journal (2019) 23 (1): 12-23.
- Kathambi EK, Vanleeuwen J, Gitau GK, Kamunde C. Risk factors associated with cows’ lying time, stall and cows’ own cleanliness in smallholder dairy farms in Kenya. Veterinary World (2019) 12 (7): 1085-1092.
- Magiri R, Muzandu K, Gitau G, Choongo K , and Iji P. Impact of Climate Change on Animal Health, Emerging and Re-emerging Diseases in Africa. In: Leal Filho W., Ogugu N., Adelake L., Ayal D., da Silva I. (eds) African Handbook of Climate Change Adaptation. © 2020 Springer Nature Switzerland AG. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-42091-8_19-1
- Mutembei H.M, Leigh O.O. Introductory and technical aspects of In-Vitro production of bovine embryos. Chapter 16. In: Guide to Clinical and Laboratory Procedures in Theriogenology. Edited by Olufisayo O. Leigh, Henry M. Mutembei & Linda C. Agbugba. Ibadan Scholarship Books 2019.
- Leigh O.O, Mutembei H.M Technical aspects of bovine embryo transfer. Chapter 17. In: Guide to Clinical and Laboratory Procedures in Theriogenology. Edited by Olufisayo O. Leigh, Henry M. Mutembei & Linda C. Agbugba. Ibadan Scholarship Books 2019.
- Olufisayo O. Leigh, Henry M. Mutembei & Linda C. Agbugba (eds). Guide to Clinical and Laboratory Procedures in Theriogenology. Ibadan Scholarship Books 2019.
1. Policy brief was written from the department in 2019 on “Genetic characterization of bat coronaviruses in Laikipia County, Kenya.” This was from a project done by a wildlife graduate Student Dr. Amos Gambo Rimfa. The policy brief was shared with the Director of Veterinary Services and the Ministry of Environment.
The theses and dissertations written in the department are uploaded in the University repository and can be found under: