DEPARTMENT OF CLINICAL STUDIES ACHIEVEMENTS AND TRANSFORMATION CITING UON@50
The following have been achieved within the last 50 years of University of Nairobi existence:
- Trained and graduated more than 120 masters and doctorate students in specialized Veterinary Clinical Sciences.
- Trained students in specialized veterinary clinical programmes, which include: Master of Veterinary Medicine (MVet Med), Master of Veterinary Surgery (MVet Surg), Master of Theriogenology (M. Therio), Master of Science in Clinical Studies and PhD in Clinical Studies.
- Developed and trained students in Wildlife Sciences including: Master of Science in Wildlife Health and Management.
- Upgraded the veterinary clinical operations from Veterinary Clinics status to Veterinary Teaching and Referral Hospital (VTRH) registered and licensed by the Kenya Veterinary Board.
- Improvement in clinical diagnostic equipment such as digital x-ray unit, ultrasound unit, chemistry analyzer, hematology analyzer.
- Establishment of state of the art innovation laboratory for molecular diagnosis and research on animal health under the Feed the Future USAID programme.
- Academic staff members who have been given high profile public service and international Jobs. This includes becoming Vice Chancellors in public universities, Chancellor of public university, Deputy Vice Chancellors in public universities, Chairmanship of state corporations.