To be a leading centre of excellence in training (undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education), research, clinical investigations, animal care, consultancy and outreach programs.
To provide a leadership role in veterinary clinical and biomedical training, policy research, clinical investigation, patient care, wildlife health, environment and sustainable resource management, consultancy and community outreach programs.
The department of clinical studies endeavours to satisfy the expectations of all the stakeholders in order to realize the stated vision and mission. This will be guided by the following core values:
- Provide quality education and training.
- Teamwork and partnership.
- Provide inspiring leadership that has respect for staff and promotes teamwork.
- Motivate staff through recognition and promotion.
- Community services to project a favourable image of the University of Nairobi.
- Promote a sense of responsibility, honesty and integrity at work.
- Professional competence in clinical services and consultancy.
- Accountability and transparency in departmental (financial) operations.